Thursday, November 25, 2004

A Thanksgiving Thought (While Morose I'm Not)

I give thanks today for family and friends
Who when I’m so out keep bringing me in;

For so many gadgets and gismos galore
That make life so easy I always want more;
For the insight to note this and pray for reprieve
That in my excess I may more deeply believe;

For the joy, the pleasure and yes--I guess--(sigh)
Even the pain--
For without it my faith is only in vain;

For the yin and the yang,
The pro and the con
Liberals, conservatives
And all (well okay, most) thoughts beyond;

For a good night’s sleep that refreshes the mind,
And a clearer connection to the glorious divine;

The issue’s decided, it’s all good in the end,
And remembering this helps me better begin;

So to you my dear friends I wish you the best
With peace and joy may your hearts rest.


RFD Nov. 25, 2004 Moo on!



No comments: