Sunday, August 28, 2005

United, We Stand

Just arrived in Vegas for the world’s biggest men’s apparel trade show, M.A.G.I.C. This is an acronym for Men’s Apparel Guild In California, but the show is just too big for anything Los Angeles can handle, so for the last 15 years it’s been held in Vegas.

Checked into my very nice room at the Paris, unpacked and turned on the TV. What looked like a happy-go-lucky type of day, with that giddy anticipation of shopping the market and seeing old friends was suddenly drowned out by the now-Category 5 Katrina, about to bury Louisiana with unprecedented fury.

I empathized best I could with the million or so who have already clogged the roads. Some to other families or friends, some to whatever hotels that may still be available, and others to shelters. I thanked my lucky stars I am not in their position, forced to flee their homes that may never withstand this hellish storm.

Whether you are prayerful or not, I implore you to join me in a thought of good will and that somehow, some way, they are spared the sting of this beast. You probably join me in this feeling of helplessness, thus the ONE thing we can do is focus our POSITIVE thoughts and prayers for them. Let's do it NOW, creating a massive laser like beam of hope.

United, we stand.

No comments: