Sunday, March 23, 2008

Shakespeare in the Park. (Schweitzer too)



On my walk through Woodland Park today I stopped at Black Swan bookstore. My friend Mike Courtney is a book expert who has thousands of books, many rare and valuable along with others that are well, just books. Books of all sorts and all ages, on all topics.

I happened across "The Wit and Wisdom of Albert Schweitzer" a thin book (with large print) from 1949 of musings from this great humanitarian and seeker of truth. While chatting with Mike I picked up a little green suede book of Shakespeare's songs and sonnets--100 years old! Both were only $10. Can you imagine--a 100 year old book of the master bard's work--oh and the cool thing is that each page contains one short sonnet, not a long hard-to-read tome.

As I went back through the park the colors of the books seemed to blend in with those of the park, so it was a natural instinct to capture the moment--Shakespeare (and Schweitzer) in the Park!

No comments: